More and more consumers are switching from chemical antiperspirants to natural deodorants for some very good reasons.
So why the swift shift from aluminium-based chemical antiperspirants to commercially produced, herbal, non-aluminium, natural deodorant alternative?
Antiperspirants are a chemical product, designed to stop you sweating or perspiring by physically blocking your sweat glands. Fun fact: there are more than four million sweat glands in the human body. You can find them everywhere except on your lips. You’re a sweat machine, embrace it.
Blocking your sweat glands interferes with your body’s natural elimination system and clogs your pores. Sweat is controlled by the sympathetic nervous system for regulating your temperature, detoxifying dissolved solids and sending sodium back into the bloodstream to maintain salinity. You need to sweat. It is better to allow your body to sweat and use a deodorant which doesn’t interfere with this natural process.
The active ingredient in most antiperspirants is aluminium. The jury is out on how dangerous this element is. Some studies have indicated that antiperspirants may be linked to breast cancer or prostate cancer risk. This study suggests that current research is inconclusive on the risks of antiperspirant sprays. However, other studies show a significant link. In 2018 Switzerland became the first country to ban aluminium deodorants. When you’re in doubt, go natural.
What is important to know is that sweat is completely odourless. The stench of body odour is caused by the bacteria that live on your skin. When these bacteria break down your sweat proteins into acids, the unpleasant byproduct is body odour. Your armpit habitat is ruled by Staphylococcaceae and Corynebacterium: fancy names for germs which cause a stink while they are lunching on your sweat.
A study in 2016 concluded that antiperspirant actually feeds the bacteria and makes it worse. As the research concluded: “Our work clearly demonstrates that antiperspirant use strikingly alters armpit bacterial communities, making them more species-rich.” Who knew we had armpit communities?
So the aim of the game is to slay the bacteria, don’t interfere with your sweat and the best way to do this is with a natural deodorant. Steer clear of antiperspirants loaded up with aluminium and other chemicals. Go for a natural deodorant with a herbal base. However, the most common complaint we hear is that natural deodorant just doesn’t last or doesn’t work at all.
Lucky you’ve found Lavilin
Lavilin is the only commercially produced herbal deodorant product in the world which is waterproof and keeps body odour at bay for up to seven days without reapplication. It is aluminium-free and doesn’t interfere with your natural sweat system.
If you are switching from aluminium-based deodorant, you may need a detox period before your body restores its pH. This is not the case for everyone but for some, the detox period could last between 48 hours and a week. Go cold-turkey from aluminium-based antiperspirants. Start using your herbal deodorant, but don’t worry if your new Lavilin deodorant isn’t settled in for up to a full week until you have done a thorough detox.
Remember that your diet influences your smell as well as your armpit community. After you switch to Lavilin and you are still concerned about body odour, give these B.O hacks a try.
- Look at your gut health. Enzyme deficiencies or digestive problems can mean foods are not digested properly and your body has to work extra hard to remove increased toxins in your blood. Body odour can be an indication that your digestive tract needs some T.L.C. Eat low-processed and natural foods, naturally fermented foods and slash sugar from your diet. Find out if you have any food allergies or intolerances to give your gut a chance to heal.
- If you’re seriously concerned about your body smell, even with the magic of Lavilin Total Odour Protection on your side, then talk to your doctor. A GP can help you work out if there are other more serious causes to treat. People who are obese as well as those with certain medical conditions, such as diabetes, are more susceptible to having bad body odour.
Your search for a herbal deodorant that works has led you to Lavilin Total Odour Protection which is a natural-based deodorant that lasts for up to seven days. Slay body odour for good. Get yours at https://lavilin.com.au/shop
Natural deodorant • herbal deodorant • aluminium-free deodorant • long-lasting deodorant • deodorant that works
Why avoid commercial deodorants:
- Full of harmful chemicals
- Tend to contain aluminium ( linked to Alzeimer’s Disease & Breast Cancer)
- Leave you with yellow underarm stains
- Masks your pheromones
- Lasts less than a day
Why choose Lavilin:
- Allows for pheromones to be free
- Lasts up to 7 days with one application
- One tub lasts up to a year
- No yellow pit stains
- Cruelty free
- No nasties
- Lasts longer than any other commercial deodorant
- You can put it to the test and test a FREE sample!